Pagina's

vrijdag 2 maart 2018

VEGAN BEN & JERRY'S


Is this a dream? *pinches herself* Nope, It's not! This is really happening. Vegan Ben & Jerry's! But life taught me, if something seems to good to be true, it usually is. So I had to go to the store and buy my own pint of almond ice cream to do a taste test.



The first impression is so far, so good. It looks like the normal B&J I used to eat before I watched all those life changing documentaries. I am lactose intolerant, so it wasn't like I was eating ice cream on the daily. But every once in a while I treated myself - to get stomach ache afterwards, what a treat is that!? - to a pint of the populair ice cream. The only difference I can spot from the outside is that it screams "I'M VEGAN!" on the packaging. Even vegan food is obnoxious ;-) Kidding guys! Please don't kill me.

As I grab a spoon to take the first bite I have to confess I'm not a lover of almond milk so I'm kind of scared what this will taste like. After taking the first bite I can now tell you, yes, you can taste that it is made with almonds. But after a few bites, I'm not even bothered by it. It is not the creamy, ooey gooey goodness that ice cream lovers are so fond of. But considering this won't give me instant diarrhea (TMI?), acne and doesn't clog my arteries I'd take this vegan option over the dairy one every day. 


So, in the end, did I like it? Well, I don't think I will devour an entire pint of this while watching GossipGirl, which to me is a good thing. But I do think it can give that little extra when served with some home made vegan brownies or fresh out of the oven chocolate chip cookies. And I don't even think it is that important that the taste is spot on. It just gives me massive victory feelings when I see big companies like B&J join the vegan movement, instead of most dairy based companies who fight against it. Spreading the message with love is a great way to introduce more and more people to this lifestyle and I believe that is the way to go. 

Did you already had your pint of vegan ice cream? And what did you think of it? Let me know in the comments of share a picture with me on Instagram or Twitter

XO Paula 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Thanks for leaving your comment! I always enjoy reading nice comments. Feel free to post your blog link. I love to read and discover new blogs.

Love, Paula